These products I’ve used for about a month. Some I’ve been using a month before my wedding so I can vouch for their efficacy. This skin care regimen helps in cleansing and plumping tired out skin, especially after a long stressful day. I try to use organic products. I do feel that chemical based products give better results for instant gratification, but in the long run, your skin will thank you for the organic, natural ingredient based products you use. I uploaded a video of my night time skin care regimen and you can see how plump and luminous my skin is at the end.
The basic skin care process is same. The scrub and masks, I use a couple of times a week. My complete skin care process is a 7 step process.
- Cleanse – I believe in double cleansing. I’m currently using the Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Water. Douse the micellar water in one of those cotton circles and start removing your makeup. The cosmetics offered in the market today are long wear so you have to make sure you get ALL of it off. I do not wear a lot of heavy makeup so removing make up with the micellar water is less of a task.
- Face Wash – So this is the my double cleansing part. I use the Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Face Cleanser to wash my face with luke warm water to open my pores. It is really mild. Does not lather that much and does not dry out the skin. It’s a good choice for the people with sensitive skin. It has a mild and pleasant fragrance nothing too strong. This face wash can not remove all makeup on its own. You have to first remove your makeup and then wash your face with this cleanser. Nothing extra special about it. Good product. I still prefer Himalaya Pure Neem or The Body Shop Tea Tree face washes.
- Exfoliate – I’m currently using the Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Face Scrub (what a mouthful). It comes with a wooden spatula to scoop out the required about of product. While I personally do not believe in the contamination aspect of using my fingers, I do, however, believe that with damp or wet fingers, I will be diluting the face scrub. While my skin is pretty fuss free, I get these small bumps on my forehead and nose (because of clogged pores, oily forehead), so my target spot for the exfoliating is forehead, nose and sometimes the chin. Set a timer for 2-3 minutes and really scrub your face.
- Multi Masking – Yup, I definitely do this. I use The Body Shop Japanese Matcha Tea for my T zone and the Amazonian Acai for the rest of my face. Both masks have active ingredients that cause a tingle to the skin. It is not painful but can be slightly uncomfortable, especially if your skin is tender or sensitive. But, both masks work really well. It helps with my clogged pores and dull skin which I suffer from during PMS.
- Essence or Toner – With what was offered in the market about 5 years back, I completely skipped this step because toners would dry my skin out. Korean Beauty is all about hydrating the skin so give it that luminosity from within instead of piling on the highlighter. I purchased the It’s Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Toner. Hyaluronic Acid helps in plumping up the face and this toner really down brighten up the skin. I use the Fourth Ray Beauty Rose Quartz Roller to give myself a facial massage. The roller helps to drain the lymph nodes in the face which reduces the bloat and improves the bloat circulation relieving the pale dull skin look. For products to sink into the skin, a good massage goes a long way. So light a candle, play some music, set a timer and give your face that long relaxing massage. There a lot of videos on youtube that explain to perform a self facial massage.
- Moisturise – For this step, I use the Kama Ayurveda Rejuvenating and Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream. It is a fast absorbing cream, means no need to break down the product. Massage it into the skin till it gets absorbed. Make sure you apply your creams to your neck as well. Its often neglected and also requires the same attention we give our face.
- Eye Cream – The skin underneath our eyes requires a little extra attention and care because it’s so thin. Dark circles is the result of sleep deprivation, poor diet, lack of water and genetics. I do not personally think there is one cream out there that can completely solve dark circles. So what I look for in an eye cream is the potency of ingredients used and the hydration power of the cream. It needs to be something that gives constant hydration, especially if you sleep in an air conditioned room. The one I use is Dr. Sheth’s eye cream. It’s pretty powerful in terms of hydration and efficacy. If you are looking for a nourishing eye cream made with organic ingredients for Indian skin, have a look a Dr. Sheth’s Skincare Date & Quinoa Eye Cream.
- Lip Balm – Show your lips some love by applying a nourishing lip balm before you sleep so that the product can hydrate your lips throughout the night.
This is my basic night time skin care regimen minus the scrub and mask (which I use 2-3 times) a week. It works pretty well for my skin. I do love these products are highly recommend them.